The first faculty courses in Frankfort Township had been taught by Mrs. Knight and Mrs. Hiram Wooden in a log schoolhouse, positioned in part 19, close to the southwest boundary of the village. As extra households settled within the village, the varsity quickly grew to become overcrowded.
To accommodate the expansion, a chic two-story wooden-body construction that had three lecture rooms was inbuilt 1870 at a price of about $5,000.
The new schoolhouse was positioned close to the southwest nook of Oak and Oregon streets. When the doorways of the brand new faculty opened, there have been 150 college students in attendance and constructing was below the management of the professor O.P. Blatchley.
This schoolhouse served the wants of the village till the brand new, extra fashionable constructing was erected in 1925.
Often called the Frankfort Faculty, this new brick constructing contained three fashionable lecture rooms, a big auditorium and two giant playrooms.
B.C. Saulman was the primary principal of the brand new constructing, and he oversaw the instruction of each major and intermediate stage courses within the constructing. Over time additions had been made to the constructing, together with a big gymnasium in 1938.
Till Lincoln-Approach Central Excessive Faculty was opened in 1954, college students wishing to take highschool stage courses wanted to go to both Joliet Township Excessive Faculty or Bloom Township Excessive Faculty.
In 1995, the Frankfort Faculty constructing was purchased by the Frankfort Park District. Quickly a couple of upgrades and a small addition had been added to the old fashioned constructing.
Now often known as the Founders Neighborhood Heart, this facility is the park district’s important facility, housing its administrative workplace, assembly rooms, a gymnasium, dance studio, kitchen and a big banquet room.
In the present day, a big majority of the Park District packages are held on the Founders Neighborhood Heart.